“Nobody Ever Told You”, Carrie Underwood
This is for the ones who think they are too big, too small, too thick, too boney, too boyish, too girly. This is for the ones who think they are ugly. The ones who think they should hide out. The ones who let their external appearance determine their internal feelings.
Deep down, we all feel the same. We find things that are wrong with us. We wish we were different. We compare ourselves all day long—to those around us, to the models, athletes, and celebrities that flood magazine covers, to the prom queen or king, to the girl or guy who stole our crush.
Why can’t we just be happy being us?
“Nobody ever told you, you shine like a diamond, glitter like gold, and you need to know what nobody ever told you.”
We fill our days with cover-up, work outs, and eye liner, an expensive attempt to feel better about who we are. We hope the mask on our face helps heal the wounds on the inside. We wear baggy clothes and padded bras, and we never feel comfortable in shorts or a bathing suit. We feed ourselves lies. We aren’t worth it. We aren’t pretty. We aren’t desirable. We deserve this.
Well, the voices are wrong.
“Shine your light, show the world. Don’t be shy, don’t be scared. You don’t have to hide under there. Let’s throw away all the magazines, turn off the static on the TV. Wish you could see yourself the way I do.”
There is no one else in the world that is YOU. You are the only one. Give yourself permission to love yourself. Be proud of who you are. Own your imperfections—your crooked smile, your acne scars from 9th grade, your unruly hair. Whatever it is, don’t let it make you feel embarrassed or want to run away. Take a moment and notice what you love about yourself. Inside and out, it’s all you, and the rest of the world has no right to take it from you.
“All hung up on the negative, doesn’t have to be the way it is. Wish you could see yourself the way I do.”
And if nobody ever told you…
You are beautiful. You are beautiful. You are beautiful.
Today, I am beautiful too.
- helmsinki reblogged this from twloha
- onlyoucansurvive likes this
- onlyoucansurvive reblogged this from running-in-the-wrong-direction
- disspossition likes this
- liveforthosewhodidnt likes this
- lalalaleilaa reblogged this from running-in-the-wrong-direction
- running-in-the-wrong-direction reblogged this from wastedmouse
- amandaeileeen reblogged this from loveandrespectyourself
- starswillbleedyourname likes this
- missroseangel reblogged this from twloha
- missroseangel likes this
- thewayitends reblogged this from twloha
- anothersuicidalteen likes this
- natalieenne likes this
- shesamessofgorgeouschaos11 reblogged this from twloha
- squidlles reblogged this from twloha
- thayquintale reblogged this from twloha
- love-suicidee reblogged this from t-a-k-e-chances
- t-a-k-e-chances reblogged this from twloha
- amyspears likes this
- hereundermyskinn reblogged this from twloha
- mkamericanhero reblogged this from twloha
- mkamericanhero likes this
- caffeinecrazed reblogged this from twloha
- kissmightkill reblogged this from twloha
- youlovesyou likes this
- dandeliondreamer927 reblogged this from twloha
- kissmightkill likes this
- megsmorphine likes this
- uncensoredpanda reblogged this from twloha
- brittany-karolyn likes this
- leannaslaser likes this
- lifeinthel-lane reblogged this from twloha
- lifeinthel-lane likes this
- loveandrespectyourself reblogged this from twloha
- foreveerstrong reblogged this from twloha
- snowwhite007 likes this
- imnot-angry-anymore likes this
- ireneanna likes this
- lovingthroughthedistance reblogged this from twloha
- forgivenessmadeaway likes this
- thechannystories likes this
- niallhappytrail likes this
- ayyydean likes this
- abigail-r0se reblogged this from twloha
- livingintheson reblogged this from try-to-stay-positive
- describinginfinity reblogged this from twloha
- mariamlovesmcr reblogged this from twloha
- belle-alexandra reblogged this from lettersandlovenotess